Friday, August 01, 2008

Crunchyroll / Youtube

Thanks to the influence of my friends, I have come to appreciate the wonder of watching shows online. It's FREE, you have over MILLIONS of choices to choose from, you can watch the LATEST shows before all the others does.

At first, it was YouTube. I was crazy over YouTube for quite a while. The quality is good, it has the latest shows, the episodes are uploaded faster...

Then Jing Yang introduced me to Crunchyroll and I was hooked.

But then, I was wondering if there is any difference between Crunchyroll and Youtube? Or are they really just two websites of similar content?

Now I have finally realised that the two websites are really very different indeed.

  • YouTube is better for music videos and video clips. Plus point for Youtube is its fast turnover rate and it's variety in terms of content.
  • Crunchyroll is better for drama serials. It allows you to save your favourite drama serials. You just have to type in the name of the drama serial you want to find and you can find the story synopsis, the episodes and the cast all in one page. That's the thing I really like about Crunchyroll. Plus, they have really good quality anime! I am sold.

No comments: