Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Meme

I am now blogging with this second-hand laptop (DELL C640) that I just bought from eBay. Although it is a second-hand laptop, it is still the first laptop that is TRUELY and REALLY mine, which I bought with my own money. That feeling is simply incredible.

So 2008 has passed and we have come to a brand new year. Since I have not done a meme for a very long time, I thought it would be fun to do this New Year's Meme that I found on this random blog called Sweetney...

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Moving out and living on my own.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I can't even remember what were my new year resolutions, so I am not sure if I've kept them. I will definitely make more for next year, but I'll keep them simple.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope, not that I know of.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, my grandfather.

5. What countries did you visit? China, to attend my grandfather's funeral.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More friends.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 1 September 2008. It is the day when I broke up with my ex-boyfriend one year ago, and it also happens to be the day my current boyfriend got together. It's such a coincidence.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I have learnt how to carry on my life without him. It may not seem such a big thing, but it really took a lot for me to get there.

9. What was your biggest failure? For being too weak.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing very serious. Just a flu that lasted two whole months.

11. What was the best thing you bought? This laptop.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? The newly elected President Obama.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The general Singapore public.

14. Where did most of your money go? Mostly on food and books.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Christmas!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? No idea yet.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same.

b) thinner or fatter? Thinner. Everyone has been telling me that I have lost weight.

c) richer or poorer? I think about the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Loving my parents.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Making my parents upset and worried.

20. How did you spend Christmas? I had a wild time on Christmas Eve with 30+ of my friends in a suite in Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel. We had gift-exchanging and steamboat (it was absolutely delicious) and we counted down to Christmas together. Can't really remember what I did on Christmas day itself though. I think I just spent the whole day with my boyfriend. Spending some quality time together.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yap

22. What was your favorite TV program? I have not been watching television.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope. I am a peaceful person.

24. What was the best book you read? The Olive Farm. It's a gorgeous book.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I'm not exactly very musically-inclined.

26. What did you want and get? I got the freedom I have always wanted.

27. What did you want and not get? Too many things.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? High School Musical 3.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Nothing very special. I had a quiet celebration with my parents at home. I was 21 years old.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having all the money I need.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I was a jeans-girl in the first three-quarter of this year, then it is more of office-wear in the last few months.

32. What kept you sane? Music.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Angelina Jolie. She's got the looks, she's got the height, she's got a happy family, she's got a career that brings her lots of money. What more can a girl want?

34. What political issue stirred you the most? I don't really care about all the political stuff.

35. Who did you miss? Someone I should not be missing.

36. Who was the best new person you met? My current boyfriend.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Treasure every minute you have with your loved ones, because you never know what is going to happen the next minute.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Haven't thought of it yet.

No comments: