Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happiness

Many of us, including me, are constantly searching for "happiness". We think that we need expensive cars and branded goods to be "happy", but when we actually achieve those things do we realise that they don't make us as "happy" as we they would. What exactly is "happiness" and how do we go about being "happy"? Deluded, I went online and visited websites dedicated to "happiness", but I am not really inspired by the things they said. Then I came across this poster online.

I think we have all been chasing "happiness", we are so focused on it that we fail to realise how "happy" we really are. "Happiness" is not something you can see and recognise right away. It is the joy and peace you feel when you do certain things, the insignificant little things.

I feel happy when I am spending quality time with my boyfriend. I feel happy when I am enjoying nice food. I feel happy when I am writing in my diary. I feel happy when I laugh. I feel happy when I am able to buy something I like. I feel happy when someone compliments me. I feel happy when I bake cakes and cookies and people enjoy what I bake. I feel happy when I wake up after a good night's sleep. I feel happy when I am reading novels. I feel happy when I spend time with my friends.

However, I do know that I can be happier. I need to find a good place that is within my budget, somewhere I won't want to move out in a long time. I believe that it's only when I am settled down can I put my full attention on the other things that I need to take care of.

No comments: