Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sex and The City, Anyone?

LG started watching it first, since his brother downloaded the entire season onto their home computer. He told me some funny bits from it, and I started watching them out of sheer curiosity. I'm talking about the sitcom, not the movie.

I have always thought that Sex and The City is just another girly sitcom talking about fashion and other girly stuff. But it's not the case. They don't discuss about fashion, they are living FASHION. Oh god, there is this blue satin dress (I think it's satin from the flow, but I'm not very sure)that Jessica Parker wore in one of the episode. It's so goddamn beautiful, I would die to have it, but I am quite sure it will cost me an arm or a leg. Come to think of it, most of the dresses Jessica Parker wore in the show looked great. That probably has something to do with having such a gorgeous figure.

The topics discussed are anything but girly. They are questions every woman will ask, when confronted with the curious species called man. They really made me think a lot. About my whole approach to men, to my life, to what I want and what I should get.

I hereby announce that Carrie Bradshaw (played by Jessica Parker) is my role model. She is everything I ever wanted to be: clever, funny, has a great sense of fashion, has a sucessful career, has a great body and, best of all, being a writer. I'm envious of her not having to work in an office and lazing at home.

I shall end this post with my favourite quote from this show

"I am a girl looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other-love".

No comments: