Sunday, December 12, 2010

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mousse Cleanser

Over the years, I have used many cleansers. Some of them make my face feel very dry and tight after using, while some make my face very oily.

Then my Mum introduced me to Neutrogena and I knew I have found the one for me. It does not contain any perfume, so it does not dry out my skin, leaving it soft and supply.

But I got bored of Neutrogena after a while and decided to try something else. I can't remember what I bought, but it was just horrible.

Then, I chanced upon Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mousse Cleanser at Watsons in Suntec one day. The clear blue bottle looked simple and nice, so I bought it.

I am so in love with it!

It is frangrance-free (just the way I like) and it is really foamy. After washing my face with it, my face feels so supple and clean, without feeling tight at all.

I have just finished my first bottle and I am contemplating buying my next bottle. The only thing that is making me hesitate is that it contains sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) which is a chemical foaming agent. According to reports, long term use of SLS can cause skin irritation and possibly cancer.

If I continue to use it, not only may it cause me to have skin irritation or even cancer, it also goes against my resolution to be environmentally-friendly.

I have found an alternative - Sukin Organics Foaming Facial Cleanser. It does not contain SLS or
parabens, no perfumes, no animal testing ... it sounds perfect for me. I will try it and see if it is as good as it claims. If all else fails, I can almost go back to my trusted Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mousse Cleasner.

No comments: