Sunday, July 01, 2012

Cheese Fondue



Ever since I first learned about cheese fondue from an Asterix and Obelix comic, I have been wanting to try it, but I have never got the chance to do so until now.

Earning my own salary means I can afford the occasional luxury. So I went online and found out that one of the few restaurants in Singapore that sells cheese fondue is Swiss Culture and they have one outlet in Suntec. How very convenient for me (and to think that I have been working practically next to it for two years and not knowing it).

So I went with 小可爱 one day after work (he scheduled his work so that he could eat it with me – how sweet of him) to try the cheese fondue.

We made our order and it came in a pot with a portable stove to keep the cheese boiling. There is a basket of bread which you pierce with the long fork provided and dunk it in the cheese.

I have to say, I am a little disappointed. It is definitely very cheesy, but not in the creamy and fragrant way I thought it would be.

It really quite expensive at $40+ after GST, and I am not really sure if it’s worth the price.

I just found out that there is another restaurant in Singapore selling cheese fondue called La Fondue. I am going to try it out. Let’s hope this one is better.  

No comments: