Friday, November 02, 2012

Macintosh

I have had this Windows versus Macintosh debate everytime I needed to get a new laptop.

I always ended up choosing Windows, simply because I didn't want to venture into the unknown world of Macintosh.

However, the mysteries of the Macintosh laptop still intrigues me and I find myself getting more and more drawn to its simple elegance and sleek design, especially after strong recommendations from a geeky friend.

So, I went online and looked for reasons to persuade myself to make the switch and here is my list:

Programs: Macintosh has way lesser programs than Windows, but I will consider that to be a good thing. Windows has so many different programs to choose from for every function, it is a torturous process trying to find one that suits your needs. It took me one month just to choose an anti-virus software for my Acer laptop.

Design: The elegance and sleek design of the Macintosh was what drew me to it in the first place.

Usage: Many people claim that Macintosh laptops are super easy to use, and although I have not actually used one myself, I have a sneaking suspicion that they might just be right. Seeing that it's from the same company as iPhone, I believe it will be as idiot-proof as the iPhone (which is the reason why I have refused to switch to Samsung no matter how beautiful and big the screen is).

My conclusion is the I will get a Macintosh laptop when my broadband contract with Singtel expires in June 2013. At most, if I really can't get used to using it, I can always sell it and go back to Windows.





No comments: