Monday, March 25, 2013

Jones The Grocer #2


I ended up having brunch at Jones The Grocer again.

Trust me, if it wasn’t because I kept pressing the snooze button and woke up late, if it wasn’t because I kept procrastinating doing housework I wouldn’t have gone out so late, I wouldn’t have eaten at Jones The Grocer again. I was not at all impressed by the food the last time I ate here.

I wanted to try out either Roadhouse or The Dempsey Brasserie, but I couldn’t find The Dempsey Brasserie and by the time I found Roadhouse, they are closed to make preparations for dinner. It was a sweltering hot day and I was sweating like a water fountain. I decided to settle for something familiar, that’s how I ended up having brunch here again.

This time I ordered a Chocolate Milkshake and Eggs Benedict.




The Chocolate Milkshake is delicious with the scoop of chocolate ice-cream.

The Eggs Benedict looks a little plain with no side salad (I don’t know if it’s supposed to be like this or they forget the side salad). Smoked salmon goes really well with the toasted muffin, but I really hate the taste of avocado. Although there is hollandaise sauce on the poached eggs, the eggs themselves are tasteless. Both Arbite and Eggs & Berries makes excellent Eggs Benedict.

Despite the positive reviews online, Jones The Grocer has proven to be a disappointment.

I just hope I wouldn’t have to eat here again.  

No comments: