Sunday, March 31, 2013

Shin-Sapporo Ramen #1


The True Fitness outlet at Suntec has been closed for renovation, so I decided to go to the outlet at Tampines.

After a good workout at the gym, I was hungry, so I went looking for food at the nearest shopping center, Century Square. There are not many good restaurants in Century Square, but I did find a restaurant that I have wanted to try: Shin-Sapporo Ramen. There used to be one outlet at Suntec, but by the time I have the money to eat there, the outlet has closed down. I have not been able to locate any of its outlets until now.

I decided to treat myself to a good meal. I ordered Potato Salad and their signature dish, Shin-Sapporo Miso Ramen.
  


Miso Ramen was developed in Sapporo, capital of Hokkaido. The broth is made of miso and chicken or fish broth to create a thick, nutty, slightly sweet and very hearty soup. The noodles are typically thick, curly, and slightly chewy. The broth is slightly saltier than tonkutsu, but is nevertheless very tasty.

The Potato Salad tastes very normal, except for the crunchy bits.

I am so happy to have found a restaurant where I can sample the different kinds of ramen all under one roof. I will definitely be back to try the rest, namely Shoyu Ramen, Shio Ramen, Cha-shu Ramen, Menchi Ramen, Hiyashi-Chuka Soba and Tonkutsu Shoyu. That’s another 6 more visits to the restaurant. I can’t wait!



No comments: