Friday, April 25, 2014

Kenny Rogers Roasters


Kenny Rogers Roasters reminds me of my childhood when Mum would bring me there for a special treat. She know how I loved their Baked Fish, Macaroni and Cheese and Corn Muffin. I remembered that the portions were so huge I had difficulty finishing off all the food, and the satisfaction of a good meal.

It has been a long long while since I last had Kenny Rogers Roasters, after that visit where the high price and huge drop in food quality and quantity left me in utter despair and I vowed that I will never eat at Kenny Rogers again. 

I am a forgiving person, so when I walked past Kenny Rogers Roasters one day looking, I decided to give it another try.

I wanted to order Baked Fish but I was told that I have to wait 15 minutes because it is freshly baked upon order. I was fasmished, so I opted for Baked Chicken instead, with Macaroni and Cheese and Corn Nibblets as side dishes and an additional order of Mushroom Soup.

Corn Muffin was served, probably on the house. It is still soft and moist, except much smaller than before. The Mushroom Soup is something altogether, and I don't mean that in a good way. It tastes like they simply served me a diluted can of Campbell Soup, it was salty, tasteless and simply a waste of money. Macaroni and Cheese and Corn Nibblets are still as good as ever, but the Roast Chicken is a little dry.

I probably will visit just for the Macaroni and Cheese and Corn Muffin which are the best I have tasted so far, but I will have the Baked Fish no matter how long it's going to take.

No comments: