Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mei Heong Yuen Dessert

I have heard so much about this traditional Chinese dessert shop, Mei Heong Yuen Dessert. I decided to give it a try one day when I was in Chinatown area. 

The place was packed to the brim with people, sharing table is the policy here. 


I ordered a Sesame Paste and Ginger Milk Curd, which are two of my favourite desserts. I have not been able to find a shop that makes these two desserts really well yet, so I decided to try the ones here.  

The Sesame Paste is supposedly made by grinding the sesame by hand, not mass produced by machines. I won't know if it is hand-grinded since I am not in the kitchen to witness the making process, but I can tell that it is made of pure black sesame, with no additional ingredients added in. You can taste the aromatic and slightly bitter aftertaste of fresh sesame in every mouthful.

The Ginger Milk Curd is smooth and delicious.

I heard that this shop is known for its Peanut Paste too, I think I shall try that the next time I visit.

No comments: