Skip to main content

Mid-Night Korean Charcoal BBQ

I was introduced to this restaurant by Boyfriend's friend's girlfriend, Stella, who is now my roommate.







Although the food here is slightly more expensive than other places, but it is definitely worth every penny. 

Do you see how thick and juicy the pork belly are? Now, that's what I call quality. 

The kimchi is really good, believe me, I have eaten enough kimchi to know the difference. I think I finished two whole bowls of kimchi by myself. 

This restaurant uses real charcoal (hence the shop name), I think it definitely makes the food more tasty. 

According to Stella, this is an authentic Korean restaurant, where even the servers are Korean. I won't  know since I have never been to Korea, but Stella has been to Korea so she should know what she is talking about.

As the shop name says, this is a midnight restaurant, so if you have a sudden craving for Korean barbecue in the middle of the night, this is the place for you. 

It would probably be a good idea to make a reservation if you can, I hear that it is really packed on most days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mikoto Singapore

Stella has been raving about Mikoto Singapore ever since she ate there. She brought her boyfriend and a few other friends there and they were all full of praises. Is it really that good? I started to wonder. I jumped at the chance when Stella invited me to have dinner with her boyfriend and her at Mikoto Singapore.


I started off with Red Plum Liquor. You can't really taste the alcohol probably because the alcohol content is lower, but the taste of red plum is refreshing.

This is Nitsuke. It looked so good on the menu, but it was a little disappointing. The only noteworthy thing is the sauce.

This is Chicken Nanban. The chicken pieces are perfectly deep-fried. Tartar sauce is made with Japanese pickled eggplants called shibazuke which gives it the pick colour. This is definitely the highlight of the meal!

This is Vegetable Stick with Anchovy Sauce. The raw vegetables are very fresh and they go very well with the slightly-salty anchovy sauce.

This is Ham Cheese Katsu and it is only …

I Am Cafe

Mariem wanted to meet for dinner and she suggested this I Am Cafe that I have not heard of before.



Located at Haji Lane, this cafe  swaps air-conditioning for casualness and down-to-earth prices. It is not certified halal, but it is owned by three Muslim brothers.


The waitress recommended Cheezy Bombs and it was really delicious. Deep-fried chicken meatball with melted cheese, they explode in your mouth and will burn your mouth if you are not careful. 

I ordered Charcoal-Grilled Juicy Beef Burger. The beef patty if very juicy but a little under-seasoned, the addition of the pineapple gives the burger a totally different experience. However, it would be great if the beef patty can be made into two thinner ones, so that the burger can be eaten in halves, most girls don't have such a big mouth.

Mariem had Fish 'N' Chips. I had a few bites and it was alright, but I can still taste the taste of the fish, which should not be the case in a good Fish 'N' Chips.
For drinks,…

Awfully Chocolate

I have a sweet tooth, but I am not a big fan of chocolates because I find them too sweet.

However, if I ever have craving for chocolate cake, THE place I will go to is Awfully Chocolate.

I can't remember who introduced me to Awfully Chocolate, but I have been hooked ever since.




The Salted Butterscotch Brownie is really good. You can taste the butterscotch in every bite, but it is a little too sweet for me.
The Super Stacked Chocolate Cake is the one for me. It is super chocolatey, yet it is not overly sweet. It is the most popular item for a reason.
The White Choclate Creme Brulee Tart is too sweet, but otherwise delicious. 
Don't take my word for it - go and try them for yourself! I promise that you will not regret it.