Tuesday, April 29, 2014

RamenPlay

I was having a ramen craving but I could not find any ramen restaurant near my workplace, I had no choice but to eat at RamenPlay. 

RamenPlay is a collaboration between Singapore's BreadTalk and Japan's Sanpu.

Call me prejudiced, but I have never considered RamenPlay a real ramen place. Maybe it's because the word "Play" in the name gives the restaurant too much of a playful vibe, that they are not that interested in making good ramen, they are more interested in coming out with new and innovative dishes.


I ordered their signature dish, Sanpou Ramen. It is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The broth is thick and flavourful, the charshu is not very well done but still edible. The noodles are cooked quite well.

Well, RamenPlay has redeemed itself, although it is not at the top of my list for ramen, it is still passable to satisfy the occasional ramen craving. 

No comments: