Saturday, April 12, 2014

Wei Xiang Lor Mee (Teok Blangah Crescent)

I don't usually blog about hawker food, this is a special post in remembrance of Wei Xiang Lor Mee.

I am not really a fan of lor mee. I have eaten it a few times when I was in secondary school, but I didn't really like it. The sauce is thick and black which does not look very appetising, and I don't like yellow noodles because of the strong yeast taste.

When I moved to Telok Blangah, the then-boyfriend insisted that I try Wei Xiang Lor Mee and he promised me that I will never eat at any other lor mer ever again.

I believe him now.

Wei Xiang Lor Mee was (it has closed down) located at #01-99 Telok Blangah Crescent Market and Food Centre, Block 11 Telok Blangah Crescent.


It's lor mee is unlike the others, the sauce is clear (it looks very black because I put a lot of vinegar). I usually order a mix of bee hoon and kway teow. It is served with a generous amount of shredded fish meat, ngoh hiang and pork belly. I like mine with lots of garlic and dark vinegar.

I had this for breakfast every Sunday morning when I was living in Telok Blangah, and I missed it so much after I moved away. I have been wanting to have it again, but I was told that it has closed down.  Rest in peace, Wei Xiang Lor Mee. You will be sorely missed. 

If anyone knows where I can find another stall that is comparable to Wei Xiang Lor Mee, please let me know because I really need to get my lot mee fix.

No comments: