Sunday, June 29, 2014

Overdoughs

I found Overdoughs by pure coincidence.

I was really looking for Artichoke, but it was closed by the time I reached and I found out that Overdoughs just happen to be at the entrance of Artichoke (Overdoughs is open during the time Artichoke is closed).

Since I have some time to spare and Overdoughs is one of the places I have been meaning to visit, I decided to have a little something.


Upon recommendation from the owner, I ordered Cashew Baklava, Roasted Banana Muffin with Blueberries & Sticky Marshmallow Streusel and Turkish Fruit Soda.


Baklava is the speciality of this place. Baklava is a Turkish rich sweet pastry made of layers of filo (dough of paper-thin sheets of unleavened flour dough separated by a thin film of butter) filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup or honey. It is definitely sweet, but it is kind of addictive too.


The owner claims that this Roasted Banana Muffin with Blueberries & Sticky Marshmallow Streusel is one of his favourite. I can certainly see why. The muffin itself is a little hard but the topping definitely makes up for it.


The Turkish Fruit Soda is not too sweet and it is compliments the sweet snacks very nicely. 

Overall, Overdoughs is a good place to chill out with friends or satisfy a sweet craving.


No comments: