Thursday, July 03, 2014

Artichoke Cafe & Bar

I didn't get to dine at Artichoke Cafe & Bar the previous time, this time I finally managed to make it for dinner this time.

Artichoke is really more of a bar than a cafe, and it's not exactly the place for dinner. It is an outdoor little place, and the atmosphere is very relaxing.


I didn't order any drink because I wanted to really taste my food, so I asked for plain water. It came in this wine bottle, and I think it's a fantastic way of reusing old wine bottles. Cheers to that!


This is the reason I am here in the first place. Someone recommended this Maple Bacon Chop on Burpple and this is what I had. I am not really sure what are crunchy little things on top of the bacon, but the bacon chop is heavenly. I have always found bacon to be too salty and tough, but this is a totally different thing. The maple syrup takes away the saltiness of the bacon and the bacon itself is juicy and flavourful. This is oh-so-good. You must try this when you are here, I am sure you will agree with me.


I have always and will always believe in ending a meal with something sweet, so I had this Date Pudding. I find that the coffee jelly doesn't really go along with the taste of the whole dish, but the date pudding that lies in a pool of peanut caramel and topped with seal salt and crushed peanuts, is another thing altogether. I never knew date pudding could taste so good with peanut caramel. It is simply heaven.   

The prices at Artichoke is a little to the high side, but if you come with a bunch of friends and split the bill, it should be manageable. Anyway, I definitely don't mind spending a little more for food this good.
I will be back to try the other items on the menu, everything looks so interesting.

No comments: