Monday, May 26, 2008

AjiTei Japanese Cuisine & Dessert House

I have always loved Japanese food, but Japanese food is generally quite expensive, which was why I was a bit hesitant when Eudora suggested that we try out the new Japanese restaurant when we were at Plaza Singapura earlier today, but I am so glad we did.

My fear of having to burn a hole in my pocket was unfound. I spent only a total of $10.80 on the set meal itself, $1.80 of service charge. I think this pricing is really quite reasonable for the delicious food they serve.

I had the Seafood Omelette Rice Set. The set consists of a seafood omelette with tomato sauce, a side dish of two korokkes, Mocha Sundae and a green tea (hot/cold). The omelette is superb. There are pieces of prawns, octopus and I-don't-know-what-else. Normally I would expect the tomato sauce to be either too sour or too sweet, but this sauce taste perfect. Next, we come to the korokkes. They may look ordinary, but they taste heavenly. The outside is very crispy but the inside is as soft as butter.

All in all, it's a great restaurant. I will give it a score of 4/5.

No comments: