Monday, April 20, 2009

Movie Reviews

I watched a total of three movies this week and here are my reviews.

Bride Wars: (Actually, I watched this in my boyfriend's house.) Every women dreams of having the perfect wedding and this movie is exactly about that. Emma (Anne Hathaway) and Liv (Kate Hutson are childhood friends who ... are going to have their weddings on the same day, at the same place. That's when the war starts. By the way, Anne Hathaway looks gorgeous throughout the movie. Makes me want to live in with my boyfriend.

Knowing: This is a thriller movie about how one women predicted what is going to happen fifty years later. John Kostler (Nicolas Cage)'s son got a piece of paper full of numbers when his elementary school opened a time capsule that was placed in the ground fifty years ago. The numbers are in fact predictions - some have already occurred, and some have not. The movie says that a solar flare from the Sun will incinerate all life on Earth. I think this is very possible judging from the global warming. The Bible has said that there will be more disaster as the end of the world draws near. Judging from the disasters that have happened over the past years, it is not impossible that the end of the world is really drawing near.

Confessions of A Shopaholic: This is a hilarious film about Rebecca Bloomwood (Isla Fisher), who is a shopaholic. Becky lands a job writing for a financial magazine, which doesn't pay well enough to cover her shopping addiction. So she tries cutting-back and making-more-money, both of which didn't work out. The bills are piling up and Becky has no idea what to do. Things between Becky and Luke Brandon Hugh Dancy are going well until ... I shall not spoil the show for you.

I can't really understand the world of a shopaholic, since I am not one. When it comes to clothes, I am a minimalist. Even so, I have to admit that I really need some new clothes. My wardrobe is practically bare! I need a black jacket/blazer from either Dano or G200. I need to get a racer-top from FOX. I need one matt and one glossy skirt. I need to go shopping!

No comments: