Monday, January 14, 2013

Eggs & Berries #3

Sean called me while I was on my way to the Australian University Open House which was hosted by IDP. I was having lunch at Kenny Rogers when he called me, asking me if I would like to have dinner with him. 

I met up with him at CityLink Starbucks and we made our way to Eggs and Berries (I was given a choice of Eggs and Berries and Food For Though at Botanic Gardens, I chose Eggs and Berries because it is too far for me to go alone) after I finished the hot chocolate that he bought for me at Starbucks. 

This time both of us were not hungry, so we ordered one portion each, and two starters.




We ordered Mushroom and Fresh Mushroom Cream Soup for starters. The Fresh Mushroom Cream Soup is still one of the best I have tasted. Sean doesn’t like the Mushroom, which is deep-fried mushroom, saying they are too oily (he actually squeezed the oil out before he ate them), but I really liked them. The mushrooms are fresh and juicy, the juice from the mushrooms covers the oiliness.


Sean ordered his favourite Beef and Cheese Omelette, but he says that it doesn’t have the “wow” factor like the first time he had it. I kind of agree with him. The beef pieces are still delicious, but there’s not enough cheese this time, so it doesn’t taste as good.


I ordered Bacon, Onion and Mushroom Omelette. The bacon pieces has such a heavy flavor, I could taste it in every mouthful. Even the onions are tolerable, and I have never liked onions. All in all, it’s a wonderful dish.

Both Sean and I agree that Eggs and Berries make the best omelette. Their omelette is packed with eggs, unlike the uncooked and watery ones served at Cedele.  



I ended the meal with Crème Brulee. It’s delicious, but I don’t remember it to be so watery.     


No comments: