Sunday, May 12, 2013

La Salsa #2


I was rather impressed with the food and service the last time I was here, so here I am again, this time with a different date.

For starters, I ordered Beef Quesadillas.


Honestly, I’m not impressed. The green sauce at the side of the plate is called, which is a sauce/dip made mainly of avocado. The one I have tasted when I was working part-time at Senor Taco is slightly spicy but this one just tastes of avocado, I had to resort to adding Tabasco sauce to it. There is too much cheese and it completely covered the taste of beef. To my horror, when I lifted a slice from the plate, I could see the layer of oil at the base of the plate. Epic fail. Senor Taco does it so much better. I am really missing their beef quesadilla now.



I had Chuleta De Cordero for main course, which is grilled lamb chop. I love the presentation. The lamb chops are given in three small portions, so I don’t have to struggle with a huge lamb bone. The lamb chops are grilled to perfection; slightly charred on the outside but tender on the inside (I asked for the meat to be done medium-rare). The best part is the mint sauce that accompanies the lamb chop. Although it is a little too sweet for my liking, it goes perfectly with the tender lamb. The mango salad is refreshing, but I wish the Mexican rice could be more fragrant.


I had a Sangria (I saw the staff making it and it looked delicious, so I had one). As according to Wikipedia, “it normally consists of wine, chopped fruit, a sweetener, and a small amount of added brandy. Chopped fruit can include orange, lemon, lime, apple, peach, melon, berries, pineapple, grape, kiwifruit and mango. A sweetener such as honey, sugar, syrup, or orange juice is added”. It’s not as nice and sweet as the one I had when I was working part-time at Giovanni’s Mediterranean Restaurant, but I got used to it after a while. 

All in all, it was a good dinner. The staffs are very attentive and ambience of the restaurant is great with live music in the background.



No comments: