Monday, April 28, 2014

Formosa Delights

When I was in primary school, my family used to live in Clementi . Formosa Delights was already in Ginza Plaza (which is now known as West Coast Plaza) and it was one of the few restaurants I really enjoyed. 

Years later, I moved back to the area and Formosa Delights is still there, but the restaurant is much better looking than the shabby-little shop it once was. 

I was curious how well they have managed to maintain the standard of the food, so I decided to have lunch there one fine Saturday. 

I ordered Dao Xiao Mian (there are three options: beef/pork/chicken and opted for beef) and Xiao Long Bao (which seem to be one of their specialities).


The Beef Dao Xiao Mian is as good as I remembered it to be. The soup is thick and flavorful, after hours of brewing. The beef cubes are tender but he noodles are slightly overcooked so they are a little soft, but it is otherwise perfect.


I am no expert on Xiao Long Bao, it's said that Din Tai Fung's Xiao Long Bao are the best, I will let you know how this compares to DinTai Fung's Xiao Long Bao when I finally get the chance to try them, but they are good enough for me.

There hasn't been much of price inflation here after all these years. A meal like that I had is less than $15, which I think is quite a steal for this kind of quality. It may not be the best, but it is definitely good enough to satisfy that craving or hungry stomach, without burning a hole in your pocket. 

I believe I will be going there pretty frequently from now on. 

No comments: