Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Connoisseur Concerto

Stella just broke-up with her boyfriend and she is devastated. I wanted to keep her company in case she does something stupid again so I decided to have dinner with her. We walked around Clark Quay and decided on The Connoisseur Concerto.

It's a really humid day, and I have lost all appetite for actual food, so I decided to have a drink and desserts instead.


The description in the menu says "For the ultimate chocolate and coffee combination, creamy semi-frozen coffee mousse sitting on a coffee-almond cake base coated with chocolate ganache and roasted almonds. Garnished with chocolate 'fins'." I am not a coffee person but this Coffee Semifreddo looks so tempting, I decided to order it anyway. It is a piece of art that I don't quite know how to appreciate, yet. I will have learnt my lesson, I shall stick to chocolates.


On the other hand, Mango Tango is delicious. It is not too sweet and I can taste the fresh mango that is blended in.


No comments: