Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Sun with Moon Japanese Dining & Cafe

I was in Orchard running an errand when I ran into my friend, Audrey. Since she was about to finish work, I decided to have dinner with her. 

Based on recommendations from Burpple, I decided to try out Sun with Moon Japanese Dining & Cafe, which is located at Wheelock Place.

Everything looks so appetising, both Audrey and I had a hard time trying to decide what to eat.
  

Kamameshi is a speciality of this restaurant. It is flavoured rice steamed with various ingredient in an iron pot. It is, as the menu says, "the traditional taste of Japan condensed into a steamy pot of rich bursting aroma". I had the Chicken Karrage Kamameshi. It is somewhat similar to Singapore's claypot rice, but it is more flavourful and healthier. 


The Mixed Salmon Nigiri looked so tempting, I just couldn't resist. We have (from left to right): Salmon, Aburi Shio Salmon (flame-seared salmon with salt), Aburi Mentai Salmon (flame-seared salmon with cod roe and mayonnaise), Alburi Cheese Salmon (flame-seared salmon with cheese), Tori Salmon (salmon belly) and Alburi Chilli Salmon (flame-seared salmon with spicy mayonnaise and chilli). It was so good! The sushi is very fresh and the salmon is fatty. I got to try all six types in one plate, what a steal!


I had Original Tofu Cheese Cake for dessert. Tofu and cheese are blended in perfect harmony. It still tastes like cheesecake, but it is not as dense as classic cheesecake. 

No comments: