Sunday, April 20, 2014

Good Ol' Cafe

The only reason I know about this place is because I used to work part-time as a waitress at the other outlet. I only worked part-time because I was too bored and in need of something to do. 

Do you know what is the worst thing for a food lover like me? It's seeing plates of delicious food being served and I can't eat any of them. When I stopped working there, I decided to bring then-boyfriend there to celebrate our anniversary. 

The outlet I brought us too is called Good Ol' Cafe is located in YESS Centre which is somewhere around Pasir Panjang area. 



We started the meal with squid calamari and this I-forgot-its-name starter platter. The squid calamari are fried to a beautiful golden, and they are a delight to eat. 
I don't really remember much about the starter platter, so most likely it is not that good.



For the main course, then-boyfriend had Baby Back Ribs while I had Rack of Lamb. I am no expert on ribs, so I shall not give any comments, but the lamb was really not bad. The meat is tender, yet it has a slight firmness which makes it all the more enjoyable. The sauce, however, can be improved. I remember eating lamb with this sweet peppermint sauce which left a very lasting impression on me.


For desserts, I ordered Creme Brûlée while then-boyfriend had an assortment of cakes. Nothing special about the desserts, everything is just average.

Good Ol' Cafe is well-kwown for their steak, maybe I should have that the next time I visit.

No comments: